Working in Germany as an IT specialist
Do you have practical experience in the field of information and communication technology and would you like to work as an IT specialist in Germany? Regardless of your degree, you can get one residence permit to pursue a qualified employment according to § 19c Abs. 2 AufenthG in connection with § 6 BeschV in Germany.
You can find out whether you need a visa to enter Germany in the Who needs a visa?
What are the requirements for the issuance of a visa to work as an IT specialist with extensive practical experience?
- You have a specific job offer in the IT sector in Germany.
- You can provide evidence of at least three years of professional experience within the last seven years in the IT sector. Your professional experience must be sufficient to qualify you for the job you wish to pursue.
- You can also prove relevant theoretical knowledge through training courses and exams.
- Your potential job in Germany guarantees you a gross annual salary of at least 51,120 euros (in 2021).
- You have a command of German at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (GER). If the working language is not German, proof of German language skills may be dispensed within individual cases.
he Federal agency for work(BA) must generally agree to your employment. Among other things, this will check whether your employment conditions (salary, working hours, etc.) are comparable to those of domestic employees.
Do you meet the requirements mentioned? Then find out more about the visa and immigration process .
What perspectives does the work visa offer for IT specialists with practical work experience?
As long as your employment relationship exists, your residence permit can usually be extended. For the permanent residence permit, general provisions of Section 9 of the Residence Act apply.
Would you like to live in Germany with your family? This is possible with this residence permit. You can read about what you have to pay attention to and what requirements apply in the family reunification section.