Job search visa

If it is difficult to find a job from abroad, you have the opportunity to find a residence permit to apply that enables qualified skilled workers to enter Germany to look for a job in accordance with Section 20 (1) and (2) of the Residence Act .

You can find out whether you need a visa to enter Germany in the Who needs a visa? 

What are the requirements for a job search visa to be issued?

You can prove that you have completed professional or academic training.

Your qualification is recognized in Germany or comparable to a German educational qualification. Would you like to work in a regulated profession, for example in the health sector, is one Professional licenseabsolutely necessary. You can find out how the recognition process works in the Recognition section.

If you have completed vocational training, you must prove that you have the appropriate knowledge of German for the job you want to do. As a rule, language level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ​​(GER) is required.

You can prove that your livelihood is secured for the entire duration of your stay because you are not allowed to pursue paid employment during this time. As proof of a secure livelihood, you can, for example, use a Blocked account or one commitment declaration submit.


During your stay in Germany, you are allowed to work trial jobs for up to ten hours per week as part of the application process.

Do you meet the requirements mentioned? Then find out more about the visa and immigration process.

What prospects does the job search visa offer?

The visa or the residence permitfor job search can be issued for a maximum of six months.

Important: You should note that the residence permit for job search cannot be extended. You can only apply for a new visa for this purpose if, after the residence permit has expired, you have been abroad for at least the same length of time as you were looking for a job in Germany before.

If you have found a job that corresponds to your qualifications, you can apply for the EU Blue Card or a residence permit to work for skilled workers  with the responsible person in Germany foreigners Authority apply without leaving the country beforehand.

Scroll To Top

My Cart


No products in the cart.

Shopping Now