Visa to complete a study-related internship EU

Are you studying at a university outside the EU, and would you like to do an internship in Germany? With a visa for completing a study-related internship in accordance with Section 16e of the Residence Act, you can get to know everyday German working life, gain professional experience and establish contacts with potential employers.
You can find out whether you need a visa to enter Germany in the Who needs a visa?

What are the requirements for issuing a visa for
completing a study-related internship?

You can provide evidence of an internship agreement with an institution in Germany.

You are studying abroad or did not complete your studies more than two years before applying for a visa.

The internship must correspond to your studies.

The institution undertakes in writing to cover your living and departure costs, which public authorities may incur. This applies for up to six months after the internship has ended.

Do you meet the requirements mentioned? Then find out more about the visa and immigration process.

What prospects does the visa offer for completing a study-related internship?

The visa or the residence permit to complete an internship is granted for the specified duration of the internship, but a maximum of six months. It is not permitted to pursue any other occupation.

Scroll To Top

My Cart


No products in the cart.

Shopping Now