Support Center

Copy Link

Social Insurance

If you return to Germany after a longer stay abroad, you as a certified expert have a decent possibility of acquiring traction here once more. On the off chance that you have been posted abroad as a seconded person, your organization will positively be next to you with a relocation agency and will deal with the main matters for you. On the off chance that, then again, you sort out your profit from your own, there are a couple of things you ought to think about: Whether you need to apply for another application in Germany, look into the ongoing current social security rates or need to get an outline of the German tax system, see our section ” Jobs”. Provides you with significant hints on this. You can track down data on the topics of “Bring your family”, “School”, “Kindergarten” or “Finding accommodation” in our ” Living in Germany ” section and in our “Studies & Training” section. Exhortation on open inquiries, position support in the approach to your return as well as our individual returnees information package are available here.

You will be required to register with the statutory social security system if you work in Germany and are dependent on social security contributions (unemployment, pensions, health insurance, and accident insurance). At the point when you start your new position, this ought to be done consequently by your organization’s HR office. The main prerequisite for this is that you and your family have registered with a health insurance company in Germany. Here you can find further information on the social security systems within the EU, the EEA, and Switzerland.

Info box

The amount of the social security contributions paid is noted on the first payslip. This empowers you to rapidly make sure that your employer pays your commitments to the relevant insurance companies.

Starting around 2009, each individual in Germany has been obliged to be guaranteed a health insurance company – whether or not it is a statutory or private insurance company. So make sure to enroll yourself and your family with a health insurance company after your return to Germany. Whether you can be privately or legally guaranteed relies heavily on how you had health insurance in Germany before you emigrated, how long you were abroad and what work you do in Germany. Assuming you are getting back from an EU, EEA, or Switzerland country, you ought to have the E 104 form issued by your insurance company in advance. You can utilize this structure to affirm the periods for which you have been guaranteed in the respective health insurance system in the country.

A tip: generally speaking, the health insurance company with which you were guaranteed before you emigrated is liable for you. Ask your old health insurer about how you can safeguard yourself once more.

You might have the option to take your pension insurance entitlements with you from abroad. Nonetheless, this mainly applies to every country in the EU, the EEA, and Switzerland in which you have worked for something like one year. To do this, you should give proof of your insurance periods using form PD U1. Here you will track down a location index with the addresses of foreign offices for the presentation of the PD U1. In individual cases, you can get guidance from the Deutsche Rentenversicherung.

A tip: It is ideal to gather all certificates and other assessments that can confirm your functioning hours.

Related Topics

Was this helpful?
هل كان هذا مفيدا؟
War dies hilfreich?

    How could it be better?

      كيف يمكن أن يكون أفضل؟

        Wie könnte es besser sein?

          What went wrong?

          The information is confusingThe solution doesn't workI don't like the product or policyOther

            العربية ما الخطأ؟

            المعلومات محيرةالحل لا يعمللا أحب المنتج أو السياسةآخر

              Was schief gelaufen ist?

              Die Angaben sind verwirrendDie Lösung funktioniert nichtIch mag das Produkt oder die Richtlinie nichtAndere