Support Center

Copy Link

Who Needs Recognition

Assuming you have finished professional preparation or a degree abroad, you might require your capability to be perceived with the goal that you can work in the relevant profession in Germany. That relies upon your job and your country of origin.

You are possibly permitted to work in regulated professions in Germany if you have quite certain capabilities. This applies for example B. and professions in the areas of health, legal advice, teaching in state schools, and engineering. There are likewise guidelines for specific expert specialists who maintain a business. To work in one of these regulated professions, you generally need the acknowledgment of your regardless of your country of origin. Professional qualification in regulated professions, the recognition is typically done as a part of the procedure for the granting of the Professional license chosen.

You can see if your profession is regulated in the “Recognition Finder” on the “Recognition in Germany” portal.

Most professions in Germany are not regulated. These are z. B. the dual training occupations and many professions with a university recognition degree. To be permitted to work in Germany as a business economist, IT specialist, or baker, for example, you do not need to have your foreign professional qualification recognized. For residents of third countries, the acknowledgment of the foreign professional qualification or the comparability of the university degree is normally essential for the issuance of a visa. Third countries are states outside the EU, EEA, and Switzerland.

For university degrees that don’t prompt a regulated profession, like biologist, physicist, or linguist, there is no recognition procedure as there is for regulated professions or dual training occupations. Individuals from 33% country with such a university degree should demonstrate that their foreign university degrees are recognized as comparable in Germany to be conceded the residence title. The anabin database gives information to the Central Office for Foreign Education. You will track down itemized information in our “Foreign university degrees section.

Was this helpful?
هل كان هذا مفيدا؟
War dies hilfreich?

    How could it be better?

      كيف يمكن أن يكون أفضل؟

        Wie könnte es besser sein?

          What went wrong?

          The information is confusingThe solution doesn't workI don't like the product or policyOther

            العربية ما الخطأ؟

            المعلومات محيرةالحل لا يعمللا أحب المنتج أو السياسةآخر

              Was schief gelaufen ist?

              Die Angaben sind verwirrendDie Lösung funktioniert nichtIch mag das Produkt oder die Richtlinie nichtAndere