Do you want to work and live in Germany? Then you can start preparing for a future in Germany now. Despite the restricted entry requirements due to COVID-19, you can use the time in your country of origin to pave your way to Germany. Our Germany planner shows you practical tips on the following topics:
01 Check your prospects
With the “Make it in Germany” quick check you can check your career prospects in Germany. As a result, you will receive a suitable checklist and a visa journey for further planning.
02 Find out more about life in Germany
Do you want to work and live in Germany? Get to know the country and its culture now to make the start easier.
- *Which regional industry focuses are there?
- *Which professions are particularly in demand?
- *How much does life in Germany cost?
- *How does this work Health system ?
03 Have your qualifications recognized!
Have you completed vocational training or a degree abroad? Start preparing now to have your qualifications recognized!
- *Who needs recognition?
- *What is the difference between regulated and unregulated professions?
- *What is a “recognition procedure”?
- *Who is my contact person?
04 Learn the German language
There are different providers of German courses around the world. So start learning the German language in your home country now and improve your chances for a future in Germany. Here are some tips:
05 Take a German certificate
German language skills improve your chances on the German job market and open up many prospects for you. Language skills are required in many professions. Therefore, find out in advance which language level you have to meet.
You can certify your language skills at the following institutions:
- *Goethe Institute
- *Telc certified institutes
- *Society for Academic Study Preparation and Test Development
06 MORE ABOUT JOB HUNTING
Look for a job offer that fits your qualification profile! We will show you various options for finding your new job in Germany:
- *Job exchange of Federal agency for work EURES portal
- *Private online job boards and company websites
- *Publish talent profile on business networks
- *Trade fairs, about family & friends etc.
07 Apply correctly
Applications in Germany should be structured according to a certain pattern. A well-structured application increases your chances of finding a job in Germany.
An application consists of:
- *Write to
- *Curriculum vitae (tabular)
- *Certificates / certificate
Tip: Applications can be sent by post or email as a PDF.MORE ABOUT APPLICATIONS