Permit for permanent residence in the EU

You can also live and work in Germany for an indefinite period of time with the EU long-term residence permit. The EU long-term residence permit ( Section 9a AufenthG ) is unlimited residence permit, who basically works with a permanent residence permit is comparable. Those who have this residence permit can move on to almost all EU countries under simplified conditions and receive a right of residence.

You will be granted a permanent EU residence permit if:

  • You have legally lived in Germany for at least five years.

  • Your livelihood and that of your family members are secure

  • You have sufficient knowledge of the German language as well as basic knowledge of the legal and social order and the living conditions in Germany

  • Have enough living space for yourself and your family members

  • And have paid compulsory or voluntary contributions to the statutory pension insurance for at least 60 months due to your employment.

In the case of certain residence titles, however, the issuing of a permit for permanent EU residence is excluded, for example a residence permit for certain humanitarian reasons or for the purpose of training.

Scroll To Top

My Cart


No products in the cart.

Shopping Now